How to make delicious fried rice? It is very simple actually. This delicious fried rice recipe is so versatile and the awesome thing is, once you know the basics, you can easily change this dish to include which ever ingredients you like.
How To Make Delicious Fried Rice
The key to make delicious fried rice are:
1. using fragrant bases such as garlics, onions, fried shallots and or green onions. For example, stir fry minced garlic or onions first before adding your preferred ingredients whether it being vegetables or meat of your choice. Green onions can be added towards the end and fried shallots can be sprinkled on top at the very end.
2. Use left over rice. Left over rice have the perfect texture for fried rice since it is a little dryer than freshly cooked rice. They give the fried rice the “fluffy” texture as opposed to being “damp” or “mushy” if freshly cooked rice were used.
3. Use your favourite ingredients. Don’t be afraid to use whatever it is you like in the fried rice. If you are vegan, just add stir fry vegetables. If you prefer meats, you can always add diced Chinese sausages, black forest ham, chicken or shrimps. Sky’s the limit!
Here’s how to make Shrimp & Pork Fried Rice. Again, this recipe is so versatile, I’ll point out what can be interchanged as we go along.
- 3 cups of frozen mixed vegetables (corn, diced carrots, peas, green beans)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- cooked rice (2 cups worth of uncooked rice)
- 1 cup of shrimps
- 1 TB light soy sauce
- ½ TB dark soy sauce
- fried shallots (optional)
- sriracha hot sauce (optional)
Stir fry all the ingredients separately then combine at the end.
- Mixed Vegetables: Heat oil, stir fry minced garlic until fragrant:
Add frozen vegetables, I used Green Giant mixed peas, corn, green beans and diced carrots:
Stir fry for 5 minutes and put the lid on for another 3 minutes to ensure the carrots are cooked, set aside. (If you wanted to make vegetable fried rice, you can add the rice right on top of the vegetables, mix to combine, add salt to taste.)
2. Scrambled Eggs: Heat oil, add eggs:
Make scrambled eggs, set aside:
3. Stir Fry Shrimps: Heat oil. Add minced garlic, stir fry until fragrant, add shrimps, cook until done. Set aside. (If you just wanted shrimp fried rice, you can add shrimps and mixed vegetables together with the rice, stir to combine, add salt. Get the drift? See how easy it is to change this fried rice dish into many variations : )
4. Stir fry Home Made Hong Kong Style Crispy Baked Pork Belly or Sui Yuk (I will post this later on):
Dice Sui Yuk (this is already cooked so just warming it up):
Add diced Sui Yuk into pan:
stir fry until all warmed up:
Add rice in portions:
Separate them so they’re not clumpy:
Add more rice, separate them again:
Add light soy sauce (for taste), mix to ensure soy sauce is nicely distributed amongst the rice:
Add dark soy sauce (for look), mix well to combine:
Once the rice is evenly combined with the soy sauce, add shrimps:
Stir to combine:
Add eggs and vegetables:
Sprinkle some fried shallots on top:
You can’t eat a pipping hot bowl of fried rice without sriracha hot sauce!
“Eat me, eat me!” cries the fried rice ; )
‘Till next time,