Hello you! I’ve been working on a Mother’s Day Shout-Out to 100+ well deserving, awesome mom bloggers for the past little while so some time has passed since I blogged last about all the mouth watering, crowd pleasing appetizers for the A – Z Blogging Challenge. I’m almost done, now at letter “U”. I can’t wait to show you the Undeniably Tempting Roasted Onion And Bacon Flatbread!
Undeniably Tempting Roasted Onion And Bacon Flatbread
If you’ve been following my posts long enough, you’ll know I enjoy making super easy, insanely delicious, nutritious (ok, maybe the exception being the scandalous bacon… but it sure is delicious!) whole food of all kinds. This is one of them.
All you need are as follows:
- 1 bag Gourmet flatbread (3 pieces) – I chose Breadelicious, I love the fact that they’re freshly made out of Oat & Wheat Bran. They were still warm when I purchased them!
For every flatbread you would like to use, you will need the following:
- 1 TB of olive oil
- 6 slices of bacon
- 75 g of shredded Fontina Cheese
- 8 fresh bail leafs break by hand or cut into large pieces
- ¼ red onion sliced thinly (I only had white onion at home so I had to use that this time)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 TB of bottled balsamic glaze (optional)
Preheat oven to 425F. Brush olive oil onto 1 piece of flatbread.
Place bacon slices on a baking sheet and
bake for 10 minutes or until crispy. Set aside. Once cool, cut them into large pieces. Change oven to “BROIL”
Assemble the flatbread by generously sprinkling with cheese, bacon then onion and finally basil:
Place in the oven on “broil” for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and onion transparent. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and balsamic glaze if using:
Cut into bite size and dig in! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm……..
‘Till next time,